Message from the Directors!
The Holy Scriptures declare: Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron. (1Timothy 4:1-2)
I have observed by seeing and reading about the general trend in Christian circles that various forms of doctrines of demons are gaining more and more acceptance and popularity among many churches who are inclined to New Age teachings. There is an ever-increasing thinning of the Gospel message; as a result, many neighbourhoods are on the verge of moral bankruptcy. These days most Christians have little knowledge and understanding of the Word of God. The Lord warns about the danger of ‘lack of knowledge and understanding of the Word of God’.
‘My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, also I will reject you … Because you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children’ (Hosea 4:6 NKJV).
Let us ponder on a few thoughts related to Hosea 4:6
• Who is speaking? The speaker in this passage is none else but the Lord God Almighty.
• To whom is He speaking? The Lord is speaking to His own people with whom He has made a covenant – the people who have entered into the covenant with God Almighty.
• What kind of danger is forewarned? The Danger is perishing, destruction and generations being lost and forgotten by God.
• What is the cause of the danger? Lack of knowledge and understanding of the Word of God. The knowledge spoken here is the knowledge one can have through a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ – not just by studying theology or other good Christian books written by the best Christian writers, or doing things/works for God. This intimacy can only be developed by spending time with the Lord, and simply obeying His Commandments.
• What can be the remedy to avert this danger? God’s people must prayerfully and diligently study and meditate on the Word of God. They must carefully obey the Lord as He has commanded (Joshua 1:8-9).
• What can I do personally to avert the danger? Personally, I must prayerfully and diligently study the Word of God, and love and obey the Lord in all walks of my life – follow the Great Fisher of men, who transforms His followers and makes them fishers of men (Matthew 4:19).
• What can my church do to prevent/avert the danger? The Church of the Lord Jesus Christ must preach the unadulterated Word of God. A watered-down Gospel is no Gospel at all. It will at best produce watered-down church-goers who will more effectively serve Satan. It can lead people who are weak in their Christian faith/walk to hell more rapidly!
In the light of these thoughts my prayer and heart cry is that in these last days we Christians must stand firm on the Truth – the Lord Jesus Christ. He said that if we know the truth and the truth shall set us free (John 8:32). As followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, we must not give heed to deception and lies of Satan. Rather we must put on the full armour of God to be able to stand firm against the powers of darkness (Ephesians 6:10-18). We must not let Satan sear our conscience with hot iron. We need the Holy Spirit to renew our mind every day to understand and discern the doctrines spreading around us. Let us wait upon Him and know Him intimately for strength to face with boldness the schemes and plots of the enemy. Daniel 11:32 says, ‘Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.’
We thank and praise God for this wonderful year 2012 with its opportunity to wait upon Him and to know Him and His Will to do great exploits. By God’s grace and through your prayers and support we will be able to fulfil His mission to bring Christ to Muslims and Muslims to Christ. We thank you dear brothers and sisters for your prayers, donations, and spiritual and moral support for the ministry work of IMI.
We will greatly appreciate your regular prayers for us as we travel around the globe to teach, train and preach the Word. Recently we have been in various states of the USA from February – March with VOM Regional Conferences. We will be teaching in Brisbane and other parts of Australia from April – August. From September – November we will be teaching/training and preaching in Fiji, and in various parts of the USA for VOM Regional Conferences; also in Prague in the Czech Republic for VOM’s International Conference.
There will be IMI Training and Fellowship Nights during 2012 in Brisbane. The first one is on Saturday 14 April (speaker: Daniel Scot). The others will be on Saturday 2 June (speaker: TBC); Friday 3 August (speaker: Dr. Mark Durie); Friday 5 October (speaker: TBC). For details please visit IMI website or contact IMI office.
May the Lord God Almighty bless you all abundantly and anoint you with a fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit every day.
In His Service
Daniel and Mariat Scot (Directors)
slots 4 u